Storage page I maintained in 1994-1995 for links that went away. Back then, I thought they might come back, and I thought that mattered. Maybe it did.
george has lost his mind, online. stories interlinked. I can tell this guy will have a file structure head ache in months to come - due to sprawl and volume. drinking and driving, beautiful women, police harrassement, car totaling - vie de joven masculine.
- Confess your sins at the Denizens of the Dirt site. With a forms enabled browser, you can enter in your sins (anonymously, so it seems), under such realms of wickedness as adultry, hate, child abuse, addiction to the Internet. Of course, such a site would not be complete without the ability to revel with your fellow sinners, so the postings of others are made available. The first series of posts concern primarily indulgent bits on Internet addiction, but there have since been added a number of honest, pained entries. This site could be real catharsis for people, it's helpful to know that other people are flawed too, just like you.
- Body Piercing is on the rise, as part of grunge/alternative culture. At this page, you can find pictures of pierces, pierces in progress, piercing FAQs and text including foreskin restoration. There's a wicked picture of a foreskin pierce as well.
Now you can charge your political tirades to the Religious Right!
"Far-right Traditional Values Coalition leader Rev. Lou Sheldon paid for a toll- free number so anti-gay supporters could call congressional members and express their political views."- unattributed quote in the e-mail I was forwarded on this issue.
The 1-800-768-2221 phone number connects you directly to Capitol Hill - I tried it, I know it works.
- For information on one of my very favourite comic books, including background and character sketches, check out Watchmen page, which I must say represents a lot of work on the part of a very dedicated fan, a certain Peter Brulls at the University of Oldenburg. He has some notes on the motifs and symbols that are of particular interest. If you are interested, you can read a paper I wrote in High School about the comic, called Who Watches the Watchmen?
- Found two wacked out Electronic comix at one site. The first, the Adventures of Hemp Boy & Prozak is a marijuana maven's scripted scenario of a smoke out in the park gone bad. Many plot twists make it a bit more unpredictable than the norm, but it is drug art. I kinda like the drawings - they are simple, with basic colors, they loaded pretty fast on my computer, so they were worth the short wait involved. The other strip, Mechanized Death is a darkly styled Steadman-esque technologically violent romp - in six panels. The art here is worth a look - it's as twisted as the plot.
- Cygnus Support technicians have put their office Christmas Tree online. Besides being able to get photos updated every two minutes, you can actually vote to change the various lights strung up on the tree. For a quick update, finger the tree. Otherwise, vote, and check back in fifteen minutes - you could actually change the way the tree is lit!
- A cheap, quick attempt at a page o' porn from another state populated by reindeer - the Girls' Dorm in Finland. This site offers three 250k gifs scanned from "Girls of the Big Ten Something-or-other" from Playboy. Nothing more.
- The busiest site on the web closes! Millions on the web forced to go without their daily allowance of pornography! Read all about it in WWW
I was unimpressed at the site in general. Considering the resources at their disposal, it's not that slick. And a lot of the links didn't work for me (404 errors), so they obviously haven't spent that much of their own time here. Overall, I'm glad to see more information and resources on the web, I just wish they would have spent more time making their site useable before we waste our time trying to navigate it.
- Time Magazine
- This site provides an online version of this weeks edition of Time, as well as covers and table of contents of back issues (be still my beating heart). Beyond the front page, most of the articles themselves are dry text on a page - no pictures, no charts, no nothing beyond simply the text from the magazine. Interesting what Time becomes without any visual stimulae - when it's straight Time-text on a screen...
- Daily News by Time
- This page was moderately interesting - considering it was three days old on a Monday by 5.30pm New York time. They seemingly haven't integrated the web into any form of daily news updating yet. One wonders where it lies on their list of media-empire expanding priorities. As it is, it looks unprofessional.
- Vibe Magazine
- These guys have already had a cool web site up for weeks now. I reviewed in September: "That hip magazine of urban music Vibe is online. They have set up a very web-savvy server with sounds, forms, articles, and imagemapped covers from the last couple issues. I'm excited about this site." I'm a little less enthused with it at this address, however, because the front links to Vibe didn't even work! Fuck it, they were better off on their own.
Items in stasis...
- This link is down! Hubba Hubba! Lookin' for some fantasticly fleshy full-figured fantasies online? Check out Full-Figured Erotica
- The Tasteless Image of the Week is usually a winner, if you can get through to it, and it is different than the one that was up there for the last two weeks.
- If you need a quick serial number, or three, or need to fix a program to stop bugging you with shareware notices, download a copy of Cracks & #'s. This software has tips and tricks, cracks and fixes for a plethora of Macintosh software. From games to desktop publishing, the whole range is covered. The list included with this archive is current as of July '94.
Warning: download this software at your own risk. If you use it, you could seriously mess some shit up. In addition, it may be illegal to own and use. I'm still waiting to hear back from the SPA on this. I take no responsibility for anything you do, or don't do, with it.
- For those not yet weary of the cliched pop icons: The Beavis Web Home Page which contains GIFs, sounds, and related links.
- Logging in a telling 5000 requests a day the Pornography online server may connect you will the bitmap of your dreams. They have had the limit the downloads to two pix a day - in order to help share the wealth. The categories range from "High school girls on the beach" to "Hard porno action" - but you'd better not set your heart on browsing, cuz each transaction can take minutes. If this guy really wants to be the Event Horizons of the WWW, he should set up some mirror sites and get himself ready for Digicash. He would be rollin' in the bytes.
Old WWW table of contents
Table o' content:
- Most people seem to come to my pages for the sexy stuff
- A page of Nifty Net Nuggets includes:
- The anything-goes attitude prevalent on the web has resulted in a large number of Anarchy/Lawlessness/Tastelessness pages
- Sites that just don't seem to fall on any other pages are deemed Random Weirdness
- Any community breeds its own culture, ours, born of white male weenies at terminals, is a peticularly strange one. Internet Culture
- Internet kitsch-o-phelia is on display at Culture At-Large
- Weird Perspectives and Personalities on the Web
- Worship on the Web - Cult Figures and Spirituality
- Engage the web with these Interactive Endeavors
- I am proud to present my pondorous Politix Page, which pokes phun at politicians
- net.news - News feeds, past and current events, and overviews of it all.
- For the latest in law, my Legal Beat
- Rough though it may be, it is what I am: the Web Publishers page
- I have coordinated some Commercial Connections
- Oscillate your oculars over my Eye Candy page
- Featuring the fabulous listing of Music Resources on the Net
- Announcing the amazing: Links to the Literary
- Feeling those isolated terminal blues? Connect to a Community!
- Looking for anything on the web? Try Links to Lists and Lists of Links pinpoints pages that will aid your search.
- I have one or two Science sites that are worth checking out