these musicians muziks have make my life better, long term like:
- decca solo work - art tatum
- prolly the most proficient musician of the twentieth century - he inspired charlie parker's speed. he plays so well alone, you'd swear there was a team of pianists. not only complex and artfully dodging, but harmonically transcendent - in ticklingly quick moments. sheer delight!
- hot rats - frank zappa
- easily a frank zappa best, if not a great all time jazz album. elaborate and coherent.
- nothing's shocking - janes addiction
- the eighties best band perched between raw and polished - an extremely well produced, most inciting album.
- kind of blue - miles davis
- miles gets modal - subtle moods that don't stop for the shakin' moments. a jazz emotive high point.
- electric ladyland - jimi hendrix
- from raunchy to refined with a musical master - transmissions from a spirit-plane that won't fail to shimmy the hips.